"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Friday, April 16, 2004

"Why is it that as we grow older and stronger/ The road signs point us adrift and make us afraid/ Saying "You can never win," "Watch your back," "Where's your husband?"/ Oh I don't like the signs that the signmakers made./ So I'm going to steal out with my paint and my brushes/ I'll change the directions, I'll hit every street/ It's the tinseltown scandal, the Robin Hood vandal/ She goes out and steals the King's English/ And in the morning you wake up and the signs point to you/ they say/ "I'm so glad you finally made it here," / "You thought nobody cared, but I did, and I could tell,"/ And "This is your year," and "It always starts here,"/ And oh, "You're aging well." -- You're Aging Well, words and music by Dar Williams

Amazingly enough, I woke up without too much pain from my body. I ate lunch, watched Survivor and grieved at the ouster of Kathy from the tribe. Kathy Vavrick O' Brien has got to be my favourite Survivor ever on that series. But she admitted it herself, she wasn't playing the best game she could have this round. And though I agree, she was still the best survivor out there and was a deserving winner, if only she could have been able to sever the ties that kept the original Chapera team tight. But that was filmed late last year and there is nothing to do but watch and find out who takes home the prize.

I work and discover, in-between cigarettes and phone calls that I think I'm pretty much sold on one condo-apartment near work. Deep down inside, I've already imagined how it would look like, how I'm going to fix it up. I will still look around and do the math; but I think there will be no way to deter myself from making the decision to move in that place.

I guess knowing where I will be ending up is some small relief. I can now visualize what life would be like. Where I will be doing my accouns, writing checks and paying bills. I know what I will look like and what kind of furniture to buy.

Then, about 30 minutes back, I did a quick run, feigning I was on Survivor myself and I think I pulled a muscle on my left thigh. I went dancing all night, crazy-wild dancing from 12 midnight to 3:30 and I didn't pull a God damn muscle or a ligament; and then, in one movement, feigning a run as if I was doing an individual immunity challenge, I pull a muscle! Is that a sign that I was not made for Survivor? Ha Ha Ha I hope not.

Joining Survivor is the only reason I can think of to getting an American citizenship. As foolish as it may sound, I'm proud of my Filipino citizenship. Even if it burdens me in travel; I will carry that with me with great pride.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?