"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Friday, April 02, 2004

"It's a beautiful day..." -- Beautiful Day, U2

Once again I find myself in an internet cafe and all of a sudden, I'm becoming more and more comfortable with the whole internet cafe thingie... This whole public access thing is not as bad as I first thought. Either that, or I'm just becoming more used to the idea. Whatever the case, my blog has reached a larger sense of mobility.

I really want to be able to have my own column in some newspaper. I want to be able to make column-type articles about music, movies, theatre (not that I watch a lot of it) and travel. Sometimes, I can talk about going out, the nightlife or urban living as a yuppie (or yuppie-wannabe) and see where it goes. It's a place for me to review parties and other stuff like vacations, hot-spots and things that seem to excite and thrill people of my age and generation. I could talk about the release of a great new commercial, or talk about a hot young poet that's releasing work or unknown bands (like Bliss, who I got to see in Racks El Pueblo; they are so good, the girl was singing "These are Days" by 10,000 Maniacs and "Tonight and the Rest of My Life" by Nina Gordon, that has got to say something about the quality of this two-man band).

But since I don't seem to get any sort of offer to start my own column, I'm thinking about whether I should just start an on-line column by opening another blog and publish a column weekly... I don't know. I'm still toying with the idea.

Anyhow, the "hang-over" from the wedding is starting to go away and I feel like I'm starting to take control over my time again. I love my family dearly, but in a way, there's more space in the house again and I'm starting to relax. I can unwind properly. Let go a bit. I'm not at all claustrophobic but I now know how it feels like. That feeling that you cannot get away, that no matter where you turn, where you go, you're stuck and there are people breathing down your neck, people watching your every movement, every gesture. It's horrible.

By the way, for the record, I never get hang-overs. I can drink like a freaking fish the night before and I will always wake up without those blasted head aches and dizziness that usually is associated with being hung-over. I never get hang-overs, one of the very few things I love about my body chemistry. That's just for the record.

Work is starting to taper off... The coming Holy Week is going to be the much needed rest I'm looking for. I just want to let loose, let go and just have fun and not have to think about work. If it goes well, I'll be able to re-charge properly and I'll be able to enter a flurry of work and industry for the next 3 months or so. So I'm kind of excited for that needed re-fuelling of energy. It is what I need.

I was able to go dancing again last night. It was for a short time only, but I can't help the feeling of energy that surges through me and I'm fine now for the day. I can feel my muscles turn into knots right now, but it's okay because my mind is loose. I can think a little more clearly. I had a real good editing session today and I feel that it is because of the dancing I did last night.

Dance. I think it really is important. It can really help.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?