"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Friday, April 16, 2004

And I just liberated myself from all stress and anxiety. All my problems these past few weeks were erased by a hyper-kinetic bout at the dance floor. From 12 midnight until 3:30 am I was just one with the music. I moved to the beat, the bass line, the drum loop and the effects. I sang along to the songs. I closed my eyes and breathed in the energy and the passion. I was just one with the dance. I was nothing more than just dancing, a while back. And it was great. It was liberating. For one stray moment, I wasn't thinking about whether I should get a gas stove or an electric stove, whether I should save up for a car or a laptop, or think about whether I should learn how to do my own laundry or just use the laundromats. Will I even have time to do my own laundry? These things didn't affect me. I was just dancing.

I didn't care that some idiot stepped on my foot over 12 times in one song alone! It didn't matter to me that someone spilt his drink on my shirt. It didn't matter to me that I accidentally hit someone's hand while dancing that caused her to spill her drink on some poor guy's shirt. Or that someone rammed his face into my cigarette or that I forgot to buy another drink.

I was just dancing. And it was good. It was so good and liberating. It was just what the doctor ordered. I'm good again. I'm ready once more to face this world; to try again and move on. What can I say? I'm cheap... hehehe

I got a call from someone I didn't expect to hear again in a long time. It's so good to receive news that what you thought was wrong; that there are always expectations and that I'm not someone who just gets left behind. I'm worth thinking about too. It's a wonderful feeling.

I should really get out more and stop becoming what my work demands of me. I should enjoy life once in a while again; like I used to. Dance. Feel the electricity coursing through my body, running through my veins.

This may sound weird or even mean but I feel sorry for people who cannot dance or don't even want to try. I believe it is a great expression of everything that is deep inside.

And you know what? I found another attractive quality in a person. If the person knows how to enjoy the moment, dance, holler, and just enjoy; they become all so much more attractive to me. That's a really funny and silly thing to say... but what can I say? That is who I am.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?