"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Ain't gonna hang my hat
Ain't gonna take off my boots
Ain't nothing gonna stop me in my pursuit
My stage, time to rehearse
Gonna see all of the wonders of the universe
-- Legend of a Cowgirl, Imani Coppola (written by I. Coppola, M. Mangini, Donovan Leitch)

As things begin to crumble about me, I've realised more and more what I'm worth and though I'm about to travel into the unknown, blasting off into the next dimension on a rocketship fueled by ambition, there's nowhere to go but up. It's all darkness all around me but as if it was anything different for anybody else, we're all extending our hands, groping down the walls, trying to find our way in this surreal blackness. Wherever we go, remember, we got there through touch. Feel it, don't think; breathe - inhale and exhale. They say that if you close your eyes and open your mouth, your hearing is increased by at least 20 percent. If that's true, then we have to trust the voices that we hear; be it from the wind, from the past or from the future.

It's the need for speed in moments when things seem lost. Then there's no other choice than to allow yourself to get lost some more. If you're already deep within the woods, you have no other choice but to get out or get down. I have no intentions of getting down. You won't see me throwing up my hat and crying in despair. It's scary. But that's exactly what Terra Incognito is -- "There lies dragons..." Well, give me my lance, I'll mount my horse and I'll get ready to charge off into the fray. I've always gotten burnt. I may be charred and broiled but I'll never be beaten.

The darkness flickers and I can see some shapes and forms. I have a strange feeling I know what they are. I'm trying to get there but we'll see how successful I'll become.

Who knows what I'll touch in the darkness? Who knows what the source of the light at the end of the tunnel is? All I want to be sure of is that I tried, am trying my best to reach it and find out.

Yeah, so it's the need for speed at the moment. Let me have it and then I'll let go of it once again. Temporary enlightenment, or maybe, a better way to put it, instant gratificiation. Well, whatever churns your butter, whatever melts your throat.

This is what I need right now. I'm old enough to know... I'm in the darkness; but so is everybody else. We are all walking around blind, hands extending far out as our bodies will allow. We are going at it by feel. What do you feel?

What is it that you feel?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?