"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

I find myself again in an internet cafe because, God knows, someone is bound to be on the computer at home or the fucking DSL is all screwed up and I don't want to have to deal with that... I'm just so physically, emotionally and mentally tired. The wedding is finally over, Holy Week is coming up and so my body recognizes the chance to rest and relax and just let go.

I hope I don't get sick.

It is quite amazing that your body knows so much about what it needs and you can't lie to it. You cannot pretend that you are busy when your not as busy as you really are. Your body just knows and begins to slow down. During hectic, stressful weeks, you get on by with only 3 hours of sleep and then, during vacations, your body just knows and you sleep for 12 hours straight; catching up on lost rest. Your body knows just how much it needs to get on by.

The wedding was gorgeous. I would've enjoyed myself more had I been given the opportunity to mingle, drink a bit and danced. But I was going around fixing up stuff, fixing up the program. Too much to do but it was perfect. Both parents of the bride and groom enjoyed themselves and, most importantly, my brother and my sister-in-law had a beautiful wedding. The place was gorgeous and was so well decorated. The food was marvelous and it was well attended.

But now, my body needs rest. I need a rest. I need a vacation. I can't wait for Holy Week when I'd be going to this gorgeous island in Quezon with great friends. I can't wait for a chance to just vegetate and help out with the preparations of my friend's procession.

My God! I don't even think I'm spelling straight! I think my spelling sucks today! I'm too exhausted to write here. Next time again... when things are less hectic.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?