"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Ugh... There's nothing to write. All of a sudden, a potential great thing was supposed to happen to me and as usual, it didn't push through for me. All of a sudden, there was no word. Nothing. And all of a sudden, I'm back to my usual hoping and wishing stage thinking that there might be something there for me and... I don't know. Things have begun to slow down again.

Sometimes it would be nice to think that I'm just cursed. I mean, it would be awful to think that I was born naturally unlucky. After all, what's the use of all these potentials and skills if I didn't have the opportunity to give them a dry run.

My brother and I were talking and he told me that he had taken for granted the luck of my father that he was able to work in a field or job that allowed him to do the things that he loved, that he was able to gain respect for it because he was good at it and he was able to support his family with it. That kind of luck, that kind of life is not handed out to everyone. He said that he had to come into the realisation that maybe he won't be that lucky and that he would have to settle for working on something that he, at least, likes.

What a horrible thought... Settling. I always thought nobody should. Why would you want to settle anyway? Live your life in dis-content. God! I'm not even sure if "dis" is the correct prefix for that word! I wouldn't want to settle. It goes against every little belief I have in life, in passion, in creativity.

But then again, I'm getting beaten down into believing that I would have to settle because nothing is going for me. None of what I wanted to come through came through for me. It's the luck of the draw, huh? Do we fold or do we bluff our way to winning the pot? Let's see...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?