"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Saturday, February 28, 2004

I was about to start with "I've never worked so much in my life..." but that ain't true. I have. I've been a busy bee since I was 14, after all... I'm used to work. I've been writin since I was in High School, it comes so easily to me.

In a way, it is great when you know that you are good at something. I'm not saying that I'm the best writer in the world. Believe me, I'm not. I'm not consistent in my work. When I'm good, I'm really good. But when I'm uninspired... well, suffice to say, so is my writing.

But at least it comes easy to me. I can work on the spot and I can justify most of my work. I know what I'm doing. Almost immediately, I can figure out useful symbolism and can build a story from a sketch of a character, no matter how minimal. I can relate it immediately to reality. Or, I can work on surrealism and bring it out of reality to better portray a sort of parody or parrarrel.

I'm really proud of that skill. It comes easily to me. So I am so glad that I am good at something and not like other people who don't know what they are good at. I see people who have such great talents but they don't realise it and they just let it waste away. It's such a shame.

Then there are those people that I see who have no interest in work or in doing something and they end up lost, walking around with so much bitterness. It's sad. They don't have an interest. They don't want to do anything. They just want to sit around and watch TV. It saddens me. It is such a waste, really...

But what am I to do. I just have to do the best that I can and be the best I can be. I don't ever want to be called ungrateful. I don't ever want to say I wasted my life. It's such a sad thing to say. I can write. And I will. I may try to pursue other things but in the end... at the end of my journey, I will look back and it will be measured by all that I did plus all that I have written.

And then I know that the journey was worth it. No matter where I end up.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?