"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Thursday, February 19, 2004

I really shouldn't be writing here. I should be sleeping so that I can wake up at seven in the morning to make it to work. Yeah, I got work now. Better than that whole free-lance writer shit! Well, I'm still a freelance writer but I have a regular gig that is fun with a great working environment and pays well. I write for a television show. How's that? It's so cool. I love it. I love working there and the people I work with are all cool people. It's so fucking cool it's ice cold!

So yeah, I should be sleeping but I'm so happy. I am very happy. I just had to say it. I don't really mind if you are depressed or sad or not in a very good place right now. But you know what? I've been depressed, sad, stepped on and not in a good place for two years... I sneaked in my laughs and moments of bliss when I could. But I got out of it. I came free. I hate that stupid line that people always say: this too shall pass. It's bullshit, really. But you know what? It's true. If you are at that state, that feeling that things won't get better and the future looks bleak, well, don't give up. Don't lose hope. It gets better. There is no such thing as a permanent high. And if there was, I wouldn't want it. I wouldn't exchange it for the world. There's nothing better than feeling elation and happiness after a long period of happiness. The experience is just more rich. The feelings are heightened; you end up feeling the joy more acutely than ever before. There is such a great difference between sneaking in your laughs and having a genuine one.

By the way, I just saw In America by Jim Sheridan. Watch it. It's worth it. Beautiful movie. I was crying and crying again in the movie theatre. Lovely stuff. Great acting all around. Especially by the female cast, led by Samantha Morton. She deserves her Academy nomination, but I'm sorry, Charlize Theron will win it for Monster because her work there was more edgy and more demanding and she carried it well. Morton's work was powerful and very subtle. It strikes you very powerfully but in comparison to Theron's work, she won't win, it's an unfortunate case, but I'm sure that Morton has a lot more to offer. She is a very promising actress. I only expect the best from her.

It will sound hypocritical coming from me, but the world is a beautiful wonderful place. I'm rising from my sad, horrific state of depression and on the rise, I can see the beauty of the sky. I'm no longer looking down. I can see the stars, the moon, the clouds. Everything. And it is beautiful. Ha Ha Ha Life is beautiful for me, right now.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?