"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Sunday, February 22, 2004

"Delight in another person is only a reflection of what you have suddenly remembered in yourself" -- Rumi

Goodness... pardom me because I am quite drunk. Haha Working like a dog for the past week, I'm in a different kind of bliss. A kind of bliss where nothing can distract you, nothing can touch you because you are so busy with work. It is wonderful. It is a great kind of experience. It's liberating. It is something that I haven't done in such a long, long time. And for someone like me, who likes to be busy, it really is a different kind of bliss.

So going to Halo tonight was really a great way of enjoying a week that was everything that I wanted it to be. I got to dance again which I haven't done in such a long time. I mean, really dance. And I got to enjoy good company despite all the baggage that hangs in the air. But it's okay. Because I decided not to bring the baggage with me and I had a great time. We were able to enjoy each other's company and not ask the questions that didn't need to be asked. Why bother, right? Obviously things won't be the same... so it won't be the same. We pick up and move on. It's great.

And I got to do something I never thought I'd do. I spoke to a complete stranger. What can I do? The person was really, really attractive and I just felt like I had to. And I did. And I introduced myself and got this person's name and who knows what is going to happen, right? Maybe I might get lucky and on the flip side, I won't get lucky. Who gives a shit! I'm just glad that I was able to do it. As Kurt Vonnegut says, "Do one thing everyday that scares you." And I did and you know what? It doesn't scare me anymore. That is just so cool.

And I really have reached a point where I am happy. I've swung to the other side of the pendulum and I'm just floating there and really just enjoying this point of bliss. I can't believe it, really. It's almost like taking drugs. It's cool. It's great. It's really fun.

And I wrote another song today. A new one. Two songs in a matter of weeks! I am so fucking impressed with myself. Just meeting someone who really inspires you and gets you to do the things you have always wanted to do. A song! You know how tough it is to write one? And I think this one is rather good. I think this one has great potential and might be liked by people. I really do. And I don't think it's because I am drunk. I really have to learn how to play a musical instrument now. There's no turning back. I got to write songs. More. It gets, feels so fulfilling. I really think this is what I was meant to do, you know? Write songs, act in short films, write for magazines, television and slowly, ever so slowly write my novel.

I started writing my novel again. But this time I decided to move away from "Modern Everyday Gods" because I think it will be a great book, but I don't think it is what I should write first. I think, deep down inside, there is a different story that I should write and I've decided to write it. And I have begun and I've finished the first chapter and I am quite impressed with myself. I have the main character all ready, prepared, formed. What happens to the main character, I don't know yet... I'll just let him go through the first few chapters and see where he is going. I kinda have an idea what I will be writing about. It's quite exciting. Like entering new territory, you don't know what's going to happen, what you are going to see. Let's just see what happens. The working title, which I love, is "Tonight is not our last night on Earth" and it fits so well to what I'm writing and how I'm feeling. It's wonderful.

I really can't wait.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?