"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Friday, January 09, 2004

You are the darkest childe
You spread your angel wings
And fly through the night into the dreams of ancient ruins
and make them sing

...

You are the darkest childe
You have a sacred duty to perform upon this blessed earth
You must cradle those thoughts of the lustful lonely
Inside your wicked warmth
-- The Darkest Childe, written and performed by Sophie B. Hawkins

Sleeping early and then sleeping late the next day. Waking up early and then waking up late the following day. There is no design to my everyday. One morning will find me walking, groggily, rubbing the morning out of my eyes and slowly sitting down in front of the computer to start my day. Sometimes, I'll awake with energy, walking with a bounce from one room to the next. I'll sit in front of the computer with a bowl of cereals and/or a large glass of cold fresh milk (Nestle, of course) and checking out who are my new friendsters, if it bothers working properly.

One moment I'm spending the whole day with my friends and the next moment, I'm staying home, watching DVDs and trying to finish Cold Mountain which is a beautiful book, but rather slow and thus my reading pace is also slow.

One day, I'm rushed to write PR articles for a job that came out of nowhere and the next minute, I'm actually sitting down to watch TV and channel surfing because the TV has no power over me and find myself slipping deeper and deeper into boredom.

There is no grand design to my everyday. That is why I need a job. Because when you're everyday has no concrete structure, surprises and little adventures hold no meaning. It's all part of the chaotic, of the random-ness of your little world. But if there is something you are being kept away from, a little danger of "No, I can't do this, I have work tomorrow" then all of a sudden, these little moments with friends, these little adventures mean something just a little bit more.

And I want everything to mean a little bit more than they do.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?