"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

If I could do anything for you/ Believe me I would/ Do you feel the same?/ Feel the same as me?/ If I could be anyone for you/ Believe me I would/ I'm not ashamed/ Not ashamed to be/ It's hard for me to know/ Sometimes I feel like letting go/ But what if it all means something?/ What if it all/ What if it all means something/ What if at all -- What If It All Means Something, performed by Chantal Kreviazuk (written by Chantal Kreviazuk and Raine Maida)

And what is a little lunacy? A little craziness in a life that was spent in depression and sadness and loneliness? And when the good things come, to just take it all in and forget everything else first? To give yourself a week to enjoy the feeling, to allow yourself to get overcome by these series of moments? To have a genuine smile on your face and the fact that you want to do things for people, not just for one person, but for everyone because you know, there is just so much of you to give?

Happiness can do that for you. Energize you and forget all the cynicism and jaded-ness that you used to feel. Before, I always said, 5 days in Boracay during summer with my friends could revitalize my soul from the day-to-day grind of when I was working regular hours. Those 5 days where I am surrounded by sun, sand, water, wind and happy people would make it easier to go through the rest of the year. And it was true.

But now, the sun, sand, water, wind and all those happy people have been compressed to just one person and this drives me forward. This makes me want to achieve my dreams. This makes me want to go on. But not yet, let me enjoy this week first. Let me have my genuine smiles and my selfish moments where I just want to be alone.

Let me just fill myself up with all of this. This thing that I don't want named, because without a name, it has no definition, and without a definition, it can still become anything, everything. It has a chance to grow, like some tree, up into the sky and just branch out and reach far and wide. There is no fear, the roots are strong. They will not be so easily torn away from the Earth.

This feels like home to me. I used to be a happy child with no stress, no worries. I used to jump and smile easily. A laugh was a common thing - laughter for its own sake. This feels like home to me.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?