"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Sunday, January 25, 2004

I get afraid/ Don't think ahead/ Let's just stay/ This way in bed/ Feels so good inside your arms/ Home is everywhere that you are -- This Way, performed by Jewel (lyrics by Jewel Kilcher and music by Jewel Kilcher and Rick Nowels)

To a particular someone: I am moved by you. At one point, I am vulnerable and so easily broken. At another point, I am strong and wise and older. You may not have the confidence to do all that is expected of you. If only you could see yourself through my eyes. Beauty was never so blinding than it was to me that moment. I was moved and I had thought that I was immobile. I thought I was not able to leave this space where I was comfortable. Am I making mountains out of molehills? I feel things too quickly, too soon. I want to take things slow but always moving forward. There is so much to learn. But you are in here. And I don't know how to be anymore. I'm afraid because it just feels so right.

Your hands are in my hair but my heart is in your teeth -- Near You Always, written and performed by Jewel

I have always felt that one of the most important things in the world is connection. To be able to connect to someone, to try and learn as much as you can about a person. To see someone's soul. It is a journey that requires much commitment. I'd like to think I'm good at this. In this way, I am a traveller. I have been gifted with some semblance of trustworthiness. People tell me things that they don't usually tell other people. And I am always ready to reciprocate. And in that, there is a bond that is created. And I have begun my journey. And time does not wear away what is learned. Sometimes, I forget. But more often than not, I remember. If it mattered to me, I remember. It is a blessing and a curse. I am so taken by a whole moment of connection. I see everything around me. I listen to other conversations in other tables but I am still here. And I hear you, I see you, I feel what you are feeling. And slowly, the world fades away and it is just you and me and our history laid out before us, just waiting to be told.

And when I'm on my journey, are you in yours? When I am on my way to you, are you on your way to me?

And you wake up to realize/ Your standard of living somehow got stuck on survive// When you're standing in deep water/ And you're bailing yourself out with a straw/ And when you're drowning in deep water/ And you wake up making love to a wall/ Well it's these little times that help to remind/ It's nothing without love -- Deep Water, written and performed by Jewel

Why is it we are afraid when faced something that we want? Is it that we are so used to labour and toil that when it comes flying by at you, our first instinct is to reject it as being something flawed or coming with a price that we might not be willing to pay? What is it really to just grab all the beautiful opportunities that come our way and not look back? Would we really regret it, to have something that you really wanted for one night? I was asked, "Wouldn't it better to have something for one moment than to never have it at all?" My answer was something like this: "If having it for one moment meant never being able to have it ever again, no. I don't think it would be worth it." But then again, thinking about it now and how I've lived my life; considering the fact that I don't forget. Maybe one moment of it is would be worth it. Love and comes and goes. It is us who are left behind wondering whether it meant anything.

But it did mean something. Otherwise, we wouldn't be where we are, still waiting for it to come back, or if you are one of the fortunate, cherishing it for all its worth.

If u want my heart/ U have 2 promise not 2 tear it apart/ 'Cause my heart/ Has been hurt a lot/ And it always seems/ Love is not sweet, like in dreams/ Something falls through/ But I don't want that 2 happen 2 me and u -- Fragile Heart, performed by Jewel
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?