"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Sunday, January 04, 2004

Drawn towards the edge/ Do I assume I could fly/ Every secret shared/ Why do I drink the feelings dry/ Don't go too far/ Limitations scars -- Beauty on the Fire by Natalie Imbruglia (written by Natalie Imbruglia, Gary Clark and Matthew Wilder)

Slowly, I'm beginning to accept reality around me and the fantasy still continues to seep in. I'm having a hard time trying to resolve all that is around me. Some of my friends have turned what happened last New Year's Day into some anecdote, some little funny story with an edge. I refuse to turn it into something much smaller than it is. After all, if you try putting it into a box, you'll just end up breaking the container. Size does matter when you're trying to put something inside a container.

So I've tried quitting smoking. Got through 3 days before my throat was on fire and I was getting skittish and cranky. I ended up screaming one morning, just shouting, running to my drawer and taking out a cigarette and lighted it. 2 came quickly after the first one and my body just began to relax. That was horrible, something I do not want to do ever again. But after yesterday, I'm back to giving quitting a try. My cough is getting worse and I'm expectorating more and more phlegm everyday. It has a strange viscuous (sp?) or is vascuous (sp?) quality to it and I slight tinge of green rather than black. I'm really hoping it's not cancer, but then again, if I got it, I probably deserve it.

Went to the gym and began my cardio work-out. I almost fainted. It was tougher than I thought.

There's just so little time for me in this world. Between the things I want to do alone, the things I want to do with family and the things I want to do with my friends, I just don't have the time to juggle. I have to let go just a little bit of one or the other. Play the little juggling game and remember that good jugglers have two balls in the air while one is on the hand being thrown to the other hand.

Sarah McLachlan's "After Glow" has yet to arrive on Manila shores. I'm getting very anxious. I'm getting very frustrated. I want that album out now so I can buy it and get some release. Her music is very powerful. Very free-ing. I wish it would come here soon...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?