"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Saturday, December 27, 2003

I found myself sick yesterday. As in, joints-painful, mouth-dry, body-hurting sick. I couldn't think straight, my bones, my flesh, everything was so cold... I just wanted to die. After two and a half weeks of going out, picking everybody up, bringing them to my house or my friend's house, drinking and staying up until 4 in the morning and then bringing everyone home, my body finally gave up. It didn't want anymore. It couldn't take anymore.

Instead of using medicines, I have a better remedy to that sort of thing. I took a very hot shower, then covered myself up with layers of clothing - socks, jockey shorts, boxers then pajamas, two shirts and a ski cap and then went to bed with 4 blankets. I slept from 9 pm and woke up at 12 in the afternoon the following day. I woke up drenched. Completely, absolutely drenched. The smell of sweat was all over me. But I felt better. All the toxins were out of my body. My body also needed the rest, so I'm doing better.

I just had too much fun. How foolish of me. I want to be a hedonisist but I forgot that one of my biggest rules in my life (for myself) is: moderation in all things.

Moderation in all things. How deceptively simple. If only man wasn't so easily tempted and swayed...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?