"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Thursday, December 04, 2003

Excuse me

But I just have to
explode

explode this body
off me

wake-up tomorrow
brand new

a little tired

but brand new

Pluto by Bjork

How strange. I had the whole day to myself. Yup, the whole day was just about being myself, totally alone with myself. For someone who values connection and interaction as much as I do, it's strange for me to just enjoy being alone in self-contained solitary confinement.

It wasn't at all voluntary, of course. Someone texted me and asked me if I wanted to accompany him today at the mall. It was a tempting offer. But I had to refuse because I was waiting for a pick-up delivery for my Dad and then I remembered there was an important call that I had to wait for at around the same time as the offer. So I had to stay and in a way, it was its own kind of bliss. I thought with all that time I could get to writing or do some more reading but it turned out, I just ended up pacing and just thinking like I used to. I was just absorbing beautiful music and just being myself. Recollecting and remembering what it was like to not have to project an image. I could've kept on the clothes I was wearing when I woke up but thank God I'm quite addicted to taking showers that I still did anyway.

I've been communicating, interacting and connecting with people for the past few days; maybe even weeks. But this time round, it was just great to have time to think and not pretend.

I had good company, though. I had Bjork and Stevie Nicks and Dido and Vienna Teng. Annie Lennox showed up and sang a couple of songs and Milla sang a song too. So many singers today and I got a chance to listen to them. Some are old stuff that I haven't heard in quite a while. I'm pretty impressed with my collection of songs. I'm not the greatest afficionado of music, but I'd like to think I come pretty close to one.

So sorry to everyone who thought I was being difficult or whatnot. I just enjoyed my solo flight for today. The wind and the cold was all perfect. I got to wear my tye-dyed (spelling?) pants (that are now my pajamas) and a lose shirt and the wind forced it upon my body for effect. I would grip the door sill to the balcony for mood moments. If only there was a camera! Ha Ha Ha

I think I got to read one really short story by Haruki Murakami. I think I'll read about two or three more before I retire the book for a while and go on with The Cold Mountain. I got the urge to write but instead, I just read my old work and some new stuff and just trying to determine what exactly does my writer's voice sound like and how should I tweak it to make it more distinct. Figure out what I should do to make it more personal. More me. I wanted to write and instead just found myself enjoying the freedom.

Sorry for the inconvenience but the Rocketman was just taking a solo flight. Our regular flight schedule will begin shortly after this... Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?