"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Thursday, November 20, 2003

This is what it means
to be porous Allowing
substances to pass through you
like water or pain

To inhabit a moment
offered to something hungrier
than yourself

Garden Pool, Maria Luisa Carino

I am so groggy. The Rocketman will delay his flight until his head decides to clear up. Someone said grab a glass of juice. Sure? Why not? Maybe I can decypher the secrets of photosynthesis. A funny thing: I've always wanted to have chlorophyll. Yup! I want to be able to create my own food. I want my skin to be olive, a little hint of green. I don't want to eat anymore... I release Oxygen into the world and take in all the Carbon Dioxide. I enjoy the sun, will always find myself in my own private heliotrope, slowly turning to face it, even without my realisation. I think that will be so cool...

But I still will be human... I can still bite, claw, manipulate, flirt, seduce and do whatever is necessary to remain on top of the food chain. Funny thing is, I'm also part of the food chain. Who knows... maybe with chlorophyll in my body, I'll start sprouting strawberries and grapes from my hair, breaking into my skin. I can be eaten. Will I have to run and hide? Or will I be studied, prodded and injected? Will I never see the light of day again and just dry up and whither? Maybe they'll write a song about me...

In about a couple of days, I'll have properly digested "The Wild Shore" by Kim Stanley Robinson and will be able to start reading "Gates of Fire" by Steven Pressfield about the 300 Spartans who successfully defended Thermopylae from thousands of King Xerxes men. It's bound to be a gruelling book, dramatic and painful. I hope to start reading it soon.

Geez, I'm still groggy... I'll just write here later when I start feeling like a human being again.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?