"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Thursday, November 27, 2003

The Sphinx devoured anyone who gave the wrong answers to her questions. But do you know the worst thing, Herakles? The Sphinx had wings, and one day she flew away. Since then, we men have experienced something much worse than being devoured: not knowing whether our answers are right.

The Athenian Murders, Jose Carlos Somoza

Out of principle, I am very embarrassed and would reap a heap of apologies to all who have read the previous entry. But once again, I realise, now of all times in the world, that it is perfectly fine to bast in the bright light of bliss. There is nothing really wrong being enslaved in the throes of revelry and just enjoying one's state of mind for whatever reason or purpose that it had found itself there. Now, of all the times in world, when I should be a little more restrained, I think as a person, with responsibilities in tow. Why couldn't I have learned to spread my wings when I was younger. Sometimes, I wonder if I am truly free since I am so enslaved by the opinions of others...

But whatever the case, here, I would prefer to share a mystery over a strange occurrence this morning. As my previous entry states, I arrived home quite early in the morning. I took a long, hot shower and probably retired to bed at about five in the morning. Sleep did not come quickly but eventually I did and found myself awake at seven in the morning and unable to return to slumber. Despite dancing non-stop and with much fervor from one to three in the morning, drinking and not having enough sleep the night before, I wondered what could possess my body to release me from a state of rest at so early a time? And worse, with only two hours to drive me through the whole day! But unable to return to sleep, I opened the book The Athenian Murders and proceeded to consume the book with much greed. I finished half-way by the time I realised it was ten in the morning and decided to truly start my day.

I hope all that transpire today and later will be to my advantage. Not that I truly deserve it since I have been having way too much fun these past few days. In the ebb and flow of the tides of balance, I'm sure my reckoning will be coming soon. But while the day is still full with promise, I will not abandon hope. There's just too little time in this world for that. There's still much fuel in this 'baby' of mine and a lot of places that have remained unexplored. I travel this space with a hapyy heart and sing at the top of my lungs a song well-remembered, and though, sung badly by me, sung with passion and sincerity.

All the fear has left me now. I'm not frightened anymore. It's my heart that pounds beneath my flesh. It's my mouth that pushes out this breath. And if I shed a tear I won't cage it. I won't fear love. If I feel a rage I won't deny it. I won't fear love. -- Fumbling Towards Ecstacy, Sarah McLachlan
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?