"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Saturday, November 29, 2003

Okay, now even I am starting to think that I am going out way too much these past weeks. But then again, it isn't just for me... My friend misses his significant other, so far away. So I'm just keeping my friend company... Ha Ha Ha Yeah, right! I love going out. I love dancing. I can spend half my life dancing to great music and it wouldn't bother me at all. I love it. I love just being able to become one with the sounds that I hear and just allow myself to get possessed or what not by the beat and the rhythm.

I'm sorry, but I really think I need to get new clothes. Clothing is probably one of the most boring topics in the whole world for some and probably the reason why the world turns for others, but it is a necessity for me, actually. Not just because it keeps me clothed and warm, but it helps me enter the parts that I have to play at the start of the day or before I enter a new situation. It's really like the new sort of armour. When you know what you are wearing makes you look good (or at least better than you did before), it is easier to be more confident of your surroundings. I can't wait to get paid soon so that I can go off to Greenhills and go shopping. There is a sort of joy that is experienced when you find something and bargain it down to a more reasonable price and go away from the store with a plastic bag filled with great new clothes. The potential thrills me. It excites me to get home and try them on again and say to myself: "I'll wear this on so-and-so's birthday party next week." Or "This is definitely a Wednesday night shirt!" Or something as mundane or as trivial as that.

We are allowed, I believe, to revel in the throes of vanity once in a while. We have to. We have to be able to look at ourselves in the mirror and be happy with what we see. Even if we have to fool ourselves. We have to allow ourselves to beat the demons that are our insecurities to be able to just smile as we see our reflections. Otherwise, what is the point? God didn't make you if he wouldn't/couldn't be proud of you, right? At one point or another, we should all realise that we are worth the skins we were given.

Yes, we should... No matter what evil, mean, sick thing I have to say about you with my friends...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?