"I think it's gonna be a long, long time, `till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home... I'm a rocketman, burning out his fuel out here alone..." Rocketman by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

"If God is a DJ/ Life is a dance floor/ Love is the rhythm/ You are the music/ If God is a DJ/ Life is a dance floor/ You get what you're given/ It's all how you use it" - God Is a DJ written by Pink, Billyman and Jonathan S. Davis

Bought the new Pink CD today "Try This." It's great, fun music. It's often times angry, sometimes quite raunchy or wild but it is definitely fun. I can already imagine myself dancing to this in my room and singing at the top of my lungs. I love all my new purchases, actually. It's been a long while that I've bought a new CD. So when the pay checks started coming in, I just couldn't help myself and BOOM! I bought new ones.

I bought Vienna Teng's "Waking Hour" first, followed by Dido's "Life For Rent" then Chantal Kreviazuk's "What If It All Means Something" and then now, Pink's "Try This." They are all great buys. All of them. Vienna Teng is soulful, melodic and her lyrics are poetic and her voice is so pure and gentle and tender. Dido is always a winner. I love her sense of trip-hop. Her lyrics are filled with character and I love "White Flag." Chantal Kreviazuk is constantly growing. She's made a little niche for herself in the pop-rock category and she's really outdone herself this time.

I love dancing and singing. Music is very important to me. I do everything with music. I sleep with music, I take a shower to music, I read with music, I think and imagine and create with music. I write to music. Depends on my mood, I just will. And yes, I love all kinds of music. No genre disgusts me. Well, that isn't true either. I really do not like "Mr. Suave" and never will. "The Spaghetti Dance" should never have been composed and, well, I think you get my point.

I used to do this on my myspace journal, almost every entry has a song starting it, usually what I am listening to at the moment. It is very important to me, you see? Music. Yes, I am currently trying to put a novel together and still write and submit the short stories to some anthologies being put together. And while all of that is going on, I am trying to do some acting and other stuff that I like. But it is in music that I am most frustrated. Everytime I hear a song, I re-arrange it immediately in my head. I try to see if I can distinguish musical instruments from each other. Sometimes, I just sit down in front of the speakers and just listen and one by one, I listen to each tone and note as they come and try to figure out what instrument made that sound. I can pretty much distinguish the difference between a Hammond B-3 organ and a Harmonium organ. Things like that.

One day, I hope to compose songs and produce albums. I think that would be great.

So yes, God is a DJ and life is a dancefloor. And thank God I can swing my hips to the beat and shake my head to the rhythm... Thank God I'm not afraid of a dancefloor, after all, there is nothing more liberating than dancing in the middle of a crowd in a dark room illuminated by coloured strobe lights every fraction of a second. You're whole body invaded by the sound of a bassline and synthesized rhythm and your body just pulses to the beat. You lose control of your basic motor functions and you just flow. You just go. I can spend six hours dancing; just dancing. I feel so free. No worries, no thoughts about who I am or what I have to do later or tomorrow or what I didn't do. No thoughts on who didn't notice me or what so and so said about me.

So you might see me in some club come weekend just losing myself to the beat. Wearing out my shoes, perspiration dripping closely to my skin, my hair flying with every movement and my lips, slightly curved into a smile.

The flight plan of the Rocketman has been set. God is a DJ and life is a dancefloor. All I need now is someone to play the part of "you" and I've got myself some music.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?